Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Best Underwear for Rolfing

Once in a while, a client asks me what underwear they should wear that would best for Rolfing.  And indeed, to get the most out of each session, there is in fact underwear that helps me do my job better.

Here are a few notes.

So, to summarize, in a Rolfing session, first of all, yes I do need you to undress down to your underwear.  All in the confines of my office, so no worries if you are shy (if you have questions about wearing an undershirt, drop me a note).  Then, I take about one minute for bodyreading to see how you walk and breathe before the session itself begins.  Every session is different, but it always includes important work around the neck and shoulder area.  Thus, having the base of the neck free of straps and ties makes my job much easier.  Also, when it comes to working around the hip joint, good old cotton behaves most like a second skin, much more so than a synthetic fabric.   

By the way, I recognize that I have only addressed undergarments for half of my potential readers, so for those of you who don't wear any of the items pictured above, here are two more.