Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Artists! Get Rolfing! Here!


This is the definition of sympathy. Aside from my Rolfing practice, I'm also a cellist and writer. To be honest, I'm a teeny bit more passionate about creative endeavors than I am about fixing bodies. Inevitably, I combine the two.


Artists, musicians, dancers, singers, and actors are exactly the people who really need Rolfing. I know this very well myself. The reasons are obvious: Rolfing frees the body to be more expressive, and many performers rely on their bodies for their livelihoods. Yet, sadly, exactly these people rarely earn enough to afford Rolfing.

I've heard this from too many artists: "I saved up all year for one Rolfing session!" And truly, they can only afford to come that one time. A year later, they will come back for another session, at which point we have to start from the beginning again. 
It pains me because Rolfing is a series of sessions that greatly benefits these creative people, yet the people who can't afford a Rolfing 10-session series eventually pay more for the complete series, if they ever get through one. 

So to buck this trend, I will bend over backwards to offer performing artists – and also teachers, non-profit employees, and caretakers – all sorts of reduced rates and payment plans. I want artists to get through a Rolfing series in the same time that a real estate agent, lawyer, or engineer does.

But I need your help. Rolfing is expensive because we Rolfers take much more time per client and have limited hours in a week. In addition, the Rolfing process is finite, not open-ended; after a Rolfing series, the body self-heals for a long time and successful, responsible Rolfers let their clients go when the 10-series is done. 


The more full-paying clients I have, the better I can afford to serve the creative community. I greatly appreciate it if you can spread the word and refer my practice to your friends and family! Thank you for helping the flow and keeping our creative community alive and well.

Audrey Mei, Certified Advanced Rolfer 

Find more information at www.standard-gravity.com. Feel free to contact me. My Rolfing office is located at 220 Bush Street #1084 in San Francisco, CA 94104.